I hope Bank of Canada does not raise interest rates soon

 I bet every one is feeling the crunch with the Bank of Canada raising interest rates at a record pace.

Starting on March 2, 2022, there have been 8 consecutive interests with the last one on January 25, 2023. We're feeling this in the wallet already and it's been tough. The US feds have raised their interest rate by 0.25% in spite of a recently events with Silicon Valley Bank and Signature bank collapse that have sent the banking sector into panic mode. I really hope that that this April 12 Bank of Canada meeting keeps the interest rates as is and there is some evidence that the interest rate being kept at a record high of 4.5% is helping cool inflation.

I'm a random dude on the internet with an opinion about interest rates but the issue is it is deeper than a single number. One move of this number could ultimately affect the lives of huge %s of the country's population especially more vulnerable (disabled, low income, mentally handicapped, addiction issues, abusive surroundings, and others). So I don't know the actual answer to be honest but I know and seen the effects that it'll have on the community around me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perch releases innovative online tool that provides users with real-time mortgage rate quotes

Perch supports cities across Canada